Thursday, April 8, 2010

nighties...

After coming home with 2 new nighties one day a week or so ago, I made a proclamation to Hub: I am now going to wear a nightgown every single night to bed!

No more flannel pajama pants with penguins or hot pink ones with squirrels or those oh so cozy pinecone print ones. No! From now on I was going to embrace all the pretty nighties I have and don't wear very much except for on very hot summer nights. It was now their time to shine!
But then, come evening, I'd be tired, cold, and I'd opt for my cozy pajama pants and tee.
And every night for the first few nights of my new resolution, Hub would NOT let me forget what I'd said. He'd say: I thought you were going to wear a nightgown from now on?
Oh yes, yes...I'm still planning to, I'd reply, But I really want to start off this NEW resolution by wearing my NEW nightgown...and I haven't washed it yet. It needs to be washed first.
Hub: Ohhh.
Next few nights: Same exact conversation was had between us. (We are reliable like that.)
So finally, after days of still forgetting to wash it, I just dug in and wore an older nightgown the other night so that I could finally keep my word.
But my new one is hanging up now, drying out the last bits of dampness from washing it, almost ready to go.

And I think I've found another good use for my pink birdcage as well: a pretty nightie-drying spot!

2 comments:

Dionne said...

That is soooo cute! I love nighties. So pretty and flowy.

babybuff said...

Anthropologie has some of the prettiest nighties!!!