I fell in love with and just had to buy this pink bird cage last year, sometime back in May I think (remember?), and I'm ashamed a bit to admit that I have not put anything inside of it until just yesterday! But that is just completely me...I overthink things and try to figure out just the best thing to go inside it and all the while it sits (or hangs rather) looking so forlorn and empty! I was frustrated by this fact the other day and had the idea to make a little collage of "love birds" to hang inside it...but I'm not too excited about how it turned out. I was more excited about the idea of it and now I'm really not thinking it looks all that great in there. So I'll just stick with it for the time being...until Feb 14th I guess.
So what do you put in a bird cage that is just for decor? If it were sitting someplace, I'd feel better about putting a pretty ivy plant in it as I had originally intended to do. But no way would I dare put one in there now with the little bench that sits below it. I can just imagine how many times Hub would stand up and bump into it with his head. I've thought about putting a votive in it. But I'd be reluctant to light it. I also had what I thought was a wonderful idea...but Hub didn't seem to share my same level of enthusiasm...I suggested we use it as a little place to leave each other love notes! Wouldn't that be the sweetest? To come up to our room and see a little note laying within pour moi! And no way would a real bird work inside of it! The bars are too far apart...not that I'd want to cage up a real bird anyhow. So my next idea I'm thinking will be to cut about 3 birds out of stiff pretty paper, in differing sizes and let them dangle within. I just want it to be something fun to look at, a little bit artsy...that's all really. So we'll see what happens next...let me know if you have any suggestions.
Really important stuff going on here, huh? Well, my brain is a bit frozen as I've been tucked away today for most of the day working on a couple fun new projects I have in the hopper. Other than dropping Hub off at work and going to pick him up, I didn't leave the house at all. Which was not half bad considering the temperature was 23 below this morning (40 below with the windchill!)...hence why I played "chauffeur" this morning.
Really important stuff going on here, huh? Well, my brain is a bit frozen as I've been tucked away today for most of the day working on a couple fun new projects I have in the hopper. Other than dropping Hub off at work and going to pick him up, I didn't leave the house at all. Which was not half bad considering the temperature was 23 below this morning (40 below with the windchill!)...hence why I played "chauffeur" this morning.Given this frigid cold snap we're in, these mittens I'm knitting couldn't be more timely! I finally finished my first one last weekend. I'm a bit of a slow knitter...so at this rate I may have the 2nd one finished in time for next winter. In reality it didn't take me too long (considering I was learning and had to "undo" things a few times) and I think this pattern must be for very simple, beginner's mittens...which is perfect for me. I'm planning to bring along my knitting to do the other one whilst on holiday...oh vacation, please come quickly!
1 comment:
The bird cage decoration is sweet! I think that it looks really cute with the heart in it.
Love how your mitten turned out!
Post a Comment