Monday, April 19, 2010

little bits of green

After all of the landscaping, planting, and creating my little garden in the woods last year, its been so exciting to see how things have fared after winter. I'm happy to report that most things are doing quite well. I'm especially excited about our special Double Flowering Plum bush (2nd photo) that is chock full of tiny pink flower buds right on the verge of bursting and transforming this brown twiggy plant into a sea of pink.
With nice Spring weather coming early this year, I've been outside a lot already, busy pruning plants and removing leaves and finding new rocks for our gardens. I recently learned that the frost pushes up new rocks each spring. I had no idea! I love finding rocks!
I realize my garden is not much to speak of right now...looking mostly like a rock garden at this point, yet little bits of green and even some flowers like my sweet grape hyacinths are making way and sprouting after another long winter. Don't you love Spring?
More soon (when I can pull myself out of the garden)!

3 comments:

MUM said...

Pretty pictures! Things are lookin' good!

mrs. c said...

Our yard is popping out green all over as well! Great photos!

Dana said...

Yes ... nice pictures! I didn't know about the new rocks each year either ... neat :)