Friday, April 30, 2010

diggin in the dirt...

It was my birthday the other day and I spent a good portion of it playing in my garden, planting new things from Mum, and re-arranging my pathway and walls with new rocks I'd found. Its definitely a work-in-progress garden right now. Although it was a pretty low-key birthday, it was a delightful way to spend part of the sunny afternoon, in my opinion.
I planted this sweet Bleeding Heart.
And I wore these old gloves...
...while I couldn't quite bear to get these pretty new gloves dirty yet.
And I just had to photograph my Grape Hyacinths...which were just reaching their peak of prettiness, especially with the sunlight streaming in. I adore these tiny colorful flowers!
Oh how I love my little garden...and I make Hub look at it with me about every 5 minutes, almost. He teases me that if he laid down in it, end to end, he would cover it up. But really, its not quite that little. ;)
....
We're off for more birthday celebrations. April and May are busy birthday months for us. Wishing you a flowery good weekend!
~xoxo~

2 comments:

MUM said...

The garden is coming along great! It looks like you have tripled it's size!I love the grape hyacinths, too!

Dionne said...

Awwww.... that's so cute that you want to share your love for it with your man. Heheheh.

And BTW, your gardening gloves are adorable!