Well, as mentioned in my previous post, I crafted these simple bobby pins for some sweet little ladies whose 6th birthday party we attended last weekend. Constructed simply of wool felt, thread, and plain bobby pins, they couldn't be any easier. At the last minute, I decided to add some of my vintage buttons onto the flowers for a little more, little girl cuteness.
The flowers were fashioned using a method I'd seen in MS Living's August 09 issue. These instructions were really intended for using the flowers to embellish store-bought pillows. And the flowers were made of ultrasuede fabric and had just 4 petals, not 5. But I thought they were cute and could be adapted just as easily with a nice wool felt for embellishing most anything. You simply knot the end of thread and sew a running stitch through the petals. Pull the thread to gather the petals and knot the thread on that end. Then, sew the last and first petals together to form a flower.
I punched 2 holes into an adorable owl, cardstock-weight paper to hold the bobby pins and slipped these cards into plain white pillow envelopes. Now I'm thinking I'll have to make some version of fancy felt flower bobby pins for myself...they'd be perfect for Fall! And it is officially feeling like Fall here...windy, chilly, sweater weather, golden crinkly leaves swirling round...bright blue skies one moment, gray and imposing the next. And I bought a new, cozy wool skirt the other night. Yep, it's really Fall. Brr! Hope you're staying cozy, wherever you are! :)
The flowers were fashioned using a method I'd seen in MS Living's August 09 issue. These instructions were really intended for using the flowers to embellish store-bought pillows. And the flowers were made of ultrasuede fabric and had just 4 petals, not 5. But I thought they were cute and could be adapted just as easily with a nice wool felt for embellishing most anything. You simply knot the end of thread and sew a running stitch through the petals. Pull the thread to gather the petals and knot the thread on that end. Then, sew the last and first petals together to form a flower.
I punched 2 holes into an adorable owl, cardstock-weight paper to hold the bobby pins and slipped these cards into plain white pillow envelopes. Now I'm thinking I'll have to make some version of fancy felt flower bobby pins for myself...they'd be perfect for Fall! And it is officially feeling like Fall here...windy, chilly, sweater weather, golden crinkly leaves swirling round...bright blue skies one moment, gray and imposing the next. And I bought a new, cozy wool skirt the other night. Yep, it's really Fall. Brr! Hope you're staying cozy, wherever you are! :)

3 comments:
Oh these are SOOOOO lovely! YOu are so talented!
I like these very much. I think you did a great job adapting them to your project. I also like the owl paper. It is very nice. Is it scrapbook paper?
Thanks! Yes, the paper is a scrapbook type of paper...the company name on it is "Fancy Pants Designs."
Post a Comment