{feathers found}{a sunset reflected}
{sweet wild blackberries, a handful a day}{homemade cabin pizza with a peaceful view}
{capturing the pretty morning dew}
Wow, I can't believe its been over two weeks since I've last posted anything here! It's amazing how swiftly Summer speeds by. August became a blur of parties and events, gardening and attempting to make new summery foods...and I took so so many photos, thinking ooh, this will go on the blog soon. Like a variety of homemade pizzas (including the dough), our latest food obsession... Hub and I have a new little repertoire of Summer dishes we concocted that quickly became weekly dinnertime favorites...like grilled chicken satays over cabbage with an easy peanut dipping sauce, taco salads, greek salads, buffalo chicken wraps, and of course homemade pizza!
But I just couldn't keep up with life and blogging, opting to just enjoy it rather than document it. And then, always in a little back corner of my mind, I'm wondering, thinking...hmmm, so why is it that I blog? I've never wanted it to become something that I felt I had to do, just another little creative outlet to share photos and things with family and friends near and far. So then when I remind myself of that purpose, I really don't feel so bad at all about just enjoying life, away from the computer!
And speaking of the "unplugged life," we just returned from a last Summer respite at the cabin. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary there and just enjoyed being together, away from it all. I find that without all the daily tasks and distractions at home, we really reconnect and just enjoy each other, being together...I guess that is what truly makes little vacations away all so necessary and precious to me. We walked, fished, biked, and did all the usual cabin-y things. We picked wild blackberries and ate in some little quaint, lake country establishments...eating greasy food and washing it all down with a delicious chocolate malt or sharing a piece of Mary Etta's homemade caramel apple pie. Yum. The fishing wasn't too great. But the lake was crystal clear and the weather was lovely, even if it got dark a little too early and chilled off so much at night that you couldn't wait to step back inside the warm cabin. Just subtle reminders that Fall really is right around the corner!
P.S. Ooh I almost forgot...we also did a little "cabin-tiquing" too...which turned out to be quite fruitful! Look for some photos of my sweet vintage finds coming next!
~More Soon & Happy September to you!~

3 comments:
Hi sis :) Fun write-up and pix! Sounds like a great time! Can you believe it's September???
That forest mushroom is amazing.
i want those blackberries :) yum!
Very much enjoyed this post
Post a Comment