Above are my "Nutmeg Love Birds"...see more photos right here. I love how they turned out, but like a lot of things, I think they are much more enchanting in person than my camera could capture. Oh well.
And remember that first mummy-like photo I posted of a deer in the works? Well, he eventually found himself next to a sweetheart gal deer. Oh Deer! See more photos of this cute couple below and right here.

And remember that first mummy-like photo I posted of a deer in the works? Well, he eventually found himself next to a sweetheart gal deer. Oh Deer! See more photos of this cute couple below and right here.
Notice his fuzzy, flocked antlers?

I was so happy about these new deer sculptures and how they turned out that I'm thinking of doing just a few limited deer sculptures for the shop for the (eek!) upcoming holiday season...you know, for those folks not necessarily in the market for a wedding cake topper, but would love a one-of-a-kind, handmade deer standing amidst their other holiday decor finery. And also just because deer are so sweet, oui?
So I told you last year about my secret (or perhaps not-so-secret as I just found out from my cousin that she has a bunch of this stuff from when she purchased a lot of rubber stamp products) discovery of crushed velvet or "flock". I only bought the "bon bon" brown color above and commented about how appropriate the color name was for me...(LillyBonBon, right?) Okay...sooo, I went and bought the white color just the other day thinking I would use it to do some wintery-white, albino-ish deer with white flocked antlers. It wasn't until I got home and really had a moment to open the package that I noticed the name they gave to this color flock was "lily". Okay, so it isn't spelled exactly as I spell it...but, it's still just rather odd or coincidental, and...kinda neat! :)More Soon! ~L
4 comments:
Your deer are so darling ... that they made me laugh ... know what I mean? But please ... don't talk about Christmas and winter just yet ;)
Ummm...thanks?! I think? ;)
Oh these are precious! I love the little dearlets, how cute. You have such whimsical, dreamy creations.
I'm visiting for the first time this morning. What a lovely little blog you have stocked full of inspiration! The deer are wonderful!
Post a Comment