Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red.White.Black.

I've been working on some new votives lately, including a custom order one for a gal who's mother used to own a shop with the word "ladybug" in it. Yesterday, with all of my tiny handcut ladybugs lined up on my desk, I was distracted by color and decided to take a mini-break (and give my scissor hands a rest!). I grabbed all the little things around me that I saw were in the colors of red and black. I have tons of things on my desk in shades of green, pink, and brown...so finding red & black was a bit more challenging. And then I tried my hand at a very hasty, impromptu (not to mention poorly lit) photo of this color compilation. I've seen these lovely photographs on blogs (or Etsy?) in the past where the artist has compiled various things/trinkets/misc... in just one shade (I think?) and then takes a photo of it (but I can't remember who or where?). Anyway, I always thought I'd like to try it sometime with my own trinkets...I guess because I delight in all the simple little things and it just looks cool when they're all organized by color. I really like organization too. ;) So like I said, mine was hasty and poorly photographed and sometime I'd like to try to do a better one...but here's my first attempt, as well as my new Ladybug Luminary papercut votive. I love how this one turned out. Ladybugs really are kinda cute and have since grown on me. Even at this time of year, when I'm pretty much ready for all bugs and slugs and other such garden critters to vanish until next year.

2 comments:

MUM said...

Oooooh! I love the way you fashioned your ladybugs! That is an adorable votive! Perfect for the "ladybug" lady!

Dionne said...

How cute! you definitely make ladybugs look super cute! I love these!