I love going into new antique stores, especially while away in the country at the cabin. Of course some are more tourist-y with prices to match, but occassionally I find some real gems. And that always makes the hunt worthwhile. This past trip to the cabin was just long enough that it allowed us to head into some of the little towns one day to check out a few antique stores. My hub is so sweet that he indulges me in this...as we poke about the shops together, looking at mostly old junk from the past. While I didn't find anything special in the first 2 shops we went into, I did have some luck in the 3rd and final shop. Unfortunately this shop is closing, but fortunately for me everything was 60% off so I got some really lovely deals!1~Three little butter pats with a pretty gold edging design. I love these tiny plates because they are so useful for many things other than, well, butter! They'd make great low dipping bowls for olive oil & balsamic, a favorite combo of ours for dipping crusty bread into. Or they'd be pretty with a candle upon each one. In this photo, they're corralling a few dried wildflower seed pods I gathered while at the cabin. I thought these would be nice for crafting with, oui?
2~This was my most exciting find...the neatest avocado green desklamp, in great condition! It works well and is so cute! I love the retro design and thought it would be nice on my little studio desk.
3~Little old deer...I always grab up old deer whenever I see them because you just can't find anything like them nowadays. Their rustic condition with paint fading makes them even more endearing. Of course they're cute at Christmas-time, but I keep them out in little spots year-round as a nod to the very populated deer-country we live in and simply because they are just too sweet. Also, I just had to get the one with the red bow, "Rudolph", because my mum has one just like it from when she was a little girl. She puts it out each year at Christmas and now this will remind me of her and my old home!
4~Finally, a stack of vintage seambinding and rick rack, because really, a girl can never have too much ribbon and trim on hand, right? The top seambinding in this photo is stamped "avocado" for the color and that made me realize that everything I purchased was avocado-ish and gold-ish...perfect colors for Fall...and for some reason that color cohesiveness of my finds made me happy. I know, I'm a bit strange! Thanks for indulging me while I shared my goodies.
Wishing you a marvelous weekend!
~xoxo~
3 comments:
Two of my absolute favorite vintage colors! Lucky you!
What lovely little pretties you got! That lamp is darling, and the cute deer would be perfect to add to your Christmas decorating stash!
I love those dishes a lot they have a lot of character. Thanks for your comment about our youth room that meant a lot. So thank you very much.
Post a Comment