Today was a balmy 40 degrees or so. I heard that it was about 90+ degrees in the Cities (my old home)...just 2 hours south of here. How? How can that be possible? I said to Hub, we could hop in the car right now and drive down to the Cities and it would be like taking a mini-vacation to someplace tropical. Amazing really.
But actually, I also told Hub that I didn't mind wearing a sweater and puffy vest out today while running errands. So I think maybe I'm a true Scandinavian-blooded girl at heart who doesn't mind cold and quite possibly prefers it (most of the time) to hot, humid, muggy days. And come to think of it, I did tie my hair back in braids this morning knowing how windy and blustery it was going to be while out and about. Is that another sign of the Swede in me?
While out and about, I happened upon this big old bag of buttons for 49 cents. I couldn't pass them up. I loved sorting through them and looking for the pretty and interesting ones like little treasures. Not just your basic pearly white buttons.
I sorted them by color.
And I sorted them by ones I liked best.
And I washed them up in warm, soapy water so they wouldn't smell and would be nice and shiny. Is that odd? Tonight I've been looking through them in the fading evening light. Imagining ways in which I will use them.
And noting that they did get shinier, cleaner.
Although I happened to drop one of them somewhere in my open dishwasher...one of those darn pearly white ones that just blends in and I can't find it. Hub just rolled his eyes when I told him my little dilemma. Just par for the course...
5 comments:
WOW! I think that you got a really good deal! What fun! You DID get some treasures!
Wow what a find! They are gorgeous! :)
49 cents?!!! What a steal! I love them, they are have their own little stories that go along with them. How cute!
(in response to your comment on ymy blog - i already got married, I should have made that clearer in my post. Got married last October).
What a great find!!!!! I can't believe you got all those little beauties for 49cents!!!!!
I really love the blue ones - great colors and patterns!!!
x nadine
something about the sight of buttons just makes me smile. aren't they a rather happy item?
Post a Comment