Steaming hot tea, steaming hot baths, covering up plants the other night due to the first frost warning! Turning on the furnace and snuggling under the down comforter for the first time last night. Washing up and putting away the quilt for the season. Enjoying Honeycrisp apples and Bartlett pears. Prone to wearing skirts over leggings & knitting a few rounds in my latest knitting project (socks!) whenever time affords... Just more signs and tangible proof that the season is changing.
We grilled some up the other night in a big packet of folded tinfoil and they were delicious...velvety smooth, and so fresh tasting, just plucked from the earth. Although it wasn't anything too inventive or complex, I don't want to forget how we grilled these...and I thought I'd share here just in case you can get your hands on some lovely homegrown potatoes too. And if you have any extra, you can certainly send them our way!Slice potatoes very thin (about 1/8" thick) and spread in a layer on some (greased) tinfoil. Add a few slices of onion and a few garlic cloves...I left a few almost whole (just cut in half) and minced up 1 clove. (We threw in a few carrots they'd given us too, for good measure.) Season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper, dried thyme, and a bit of dried rosemary. Dot with a few pats of butter and fold up tightly. Grill over a med-low for about 25 minutes, turning packet over halfway through.
Perhaps we'll have to fill up our grill's propane tank now rather than waiting until next spring...just so we can do these potatoes this way again!
~Happy October! Happy Fall Grilling!~
.....
P.S. I was notified that a sweet little (new-to-me) blog featured my shop today...a very nice feature at that! Merci!
2 comments:
Your photos are great! I love love love that cup!!!! The potato dish looks nummy! I'll have to try it if it ever gets warm enough to grill again! Very nice write-up and photos of your shop on that blog!
Oooh what lovely potatoes. I love a good potato! And congrats on the blog feature!
Post a Comment