Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fading Garden...

Today I went out in the late afternoon sun and took some snapshots of my sun-dappled, fading garden in the woods. It gradually expanded over the summer with a little, U-shaped stone path sweeping through it. And I've gradually added to it here and there. Adding more rocks that I unearthed. Adding more plants...some bought from the nearby nursery, some from Mum. And next year it will be even more glorious...in my mind anyways...now that I have a little more knowledge about what I'm doing. I tend to it almost every morning, pulling back the fallen leaves from around my plants. Picking off slugs. I won't even tell you how many I've, um, destroyed...through, uh...let's just say, various methods. My tiny garden in the woods is my little sanctuary though. And in futility, as I try to keep it free of the fallen leaves, Hub gently laughs...because another leaf swiftly falls to take its place. I know it's a losing battle in the end. But I'm holding on for as long as I can...trying to maintain it. Perhaps that's why I felt compelled to capture it in a bunch of photos today...to look back on in the wintertime and tide me over on the bleakest and whitest of long winter days.
.....
P.S. The first photo is in "soft focus"...I was messing around with it in Photoshop...so that's why it looks a bit blurry, but I thought it also made it look a little magical!
.....
P.P.S. Hub and I are heading to a little birthday party this weekend for some sweet nieces...and I did a little bit of craftyness for them...I'll share next week, hopefully!

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Dionne said...

You garden is so enchanting! It's completely whimsical and fairy-tale like!

Happy Birthday to your nieces! Have fun!

Dana said...

You are Mom's daughter!!! I am too, of course ;) Just referring to the ever-expanding garden :) Looks good!

CandieAcidCupcake said...

Ohhh its so lovely :) Like a fairy grotto!