Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blueberries & Such

Sometimes I wish my camera were attached to my hip. Like this morning, driving into downtown for my early class, (the 5:45 a.m. kind of early ~ ouch!), the sunrise over Lake Superior was a strikingly BIG, pinkish-rosy colored orb slung just above the lift bridge. A beautiful way to start the day. I wish I could show you!

Anywho...blueberries are just starting to come into season, so today I decided to make a batch of Blueberry Streusel Muffins (recipe from The Best of America's Test Kitchen 2008). I looove streusel...that cinnamon-y, brown sugar-y, butter-y dense topping makes most anything taste better. Perhaps these blueberry photos may just tempt you to dig up your favorite blueberry recipes and bake up a bit of blueberry love!
P.S. My own blueberry bushes are ever so close to bearing fruit:

2 comments:

Dana said...

I love struesel too! They look YUM! I made strawberry freezer jam today :)

Dana said...

P.S. Your mushrooms are adorable :)