I like designing my cut-outs in my sketchbook first, and seeing how somehow, they all sort of end up having my own little style or similar look about them. I don't know how that happens, but I suppose most artists sort of have their own "look" or style to their work that just happens to ooze out of them when they create.
My usual method for paper-cutting/votive-making is to cut out the paper designs and then give them a permanent “home” soon after on an appropriate votive…according to the shape and size of the cut-out designs. However, lately I’ve just been busy doing lots of cutting, as well as gathering up and adding to my old glassware collection. I'm just not doing any actual gluing yet. I think this way I’ll be assured of finding just the proper "home" for each cut-out design I have planned. Off to find more "vintage" glassware today... Ta ta!

2 comments:
I adore the "koekkoek-klok"! That's what we call the clock in Dutch language. I really love to learn how to make paper cuttings. Do you need special scissors?
I love how you say "Cuckoo Clock"! Thanks for sharing...
No special scissors needed really...but it helps if they are rather small and very sharp! Good luck! :)
Post a Comment