I think it’s safe to say, based on quantity, that bowls may just be my favorite kind of kitchenware. I have one entire cupboard dedicated to bowls (not including my assortment of mixing bowls). This became wholly apparent on Friday night. Mum & Dad were here visiting for the weekend and I made chicken tacos for dinner…a meal that highlights the utility of a variety of bowls. See what I mean?
Later that evening, what could be better than Strawberry Shortcake for dessert and a rousing game of Mexican Train Dominoes? (I used the recipe for my shortcake from this lovely blog. Although I think next time I would add more sugar. Another very similar recipe I have for shortcake calls for 5 Tbsp of sugar and this recipe calls for 2 Tbsp.)
Mum brought up some Bluebells from her garden for me and we (really she) planted them together. Then we sought out rocks from my woods to encircle my new patch of "garden." She also brought me a beautiful bouquet of a variety of flowers from her garden, plus another bouquet of just Peonies. We took lots of walks together, admiring all of the fabulous Lupines in bloom everywhere! Flowers seemed to be a theme of the weekend for us, something we both enjoy.

Hub and my Dad were off for the day on Saturday doing something they both enjoy...fishing. Dad caught one walleye and one small mouth bass. Hubby, zero. (Better luck next time, dear!)
Saturday night, we ventured out to our delicious, local Malt Shop.
It was a perfectly gorgeous evening, and as we walked along Lake Superior (feeling overly stuffed by the enormous malts), I came across a flower I’d never seen before. It so captivated me with its pretty pink wispy flower top and reminded me of something very Dr. Seuss-ish indeed. According to my Field Guide to Wildflowers book, it’s called "Prairie Smoke." It described its look as like a “feather duster” and also noted that Native Americans once made tea from its roots. Isn’t it so sweet?
According to the (very mistaken) weather people, the weekend was supposed to be a washout with lots of rain, yet we had the most beautiful sunny weather ALL day on Saturday and Sunday. I had a feeling they’d be wrong and for this I was so glad!
Saturday night, we ventured out to our delicious, local Malt Shop.
2 comments:
Hi Lynn...so sorry to have missed you last weekend...your Mom was just in with Sharon and pointed me to your blog. its really wonderful, and i love the view of life from your vantage point.
We share a love of vessels, as I call them. your collection is lovely. hope you are well--sure looks like it :)
take care!
samantha
Hi Samantha...
So sweet of you to visit my blog! I'll be sure to pop in again next time I'm in town to say "hello". Hope you and Sherrie are both doing well too! Take Care! :)
Post a Comment