Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mushrooms: From Sculpture To Specimen {Part 2}

Above are some proper pictures of my first 3 little finished mushroom sculptures to showcase their uniqueness and specimen-like qualities.

Below are pictures of my latest mushroom sculptures (and a bird too!) with picks in the bottom to use for a variety of things to add a little bit of fun and whimsy to craft projects, planters, or even as cake toppers.

*A note about the style of the photographs above…I used a “Through the Viewfinder” kind of look to achieve a sort of oldness and specimen-like quality. While I’d seen this style of photography used often, I only just recently learned (through this inspiring and beautiful blog) some tips for how it could be accomplished and I thought this would be a special way to capture my tiny mushrooms. I used this particular viewfinder found here to layer over my mushroom photographs. I'm excited to experiment more with this particular method on other photos too!

No comments: