Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday to Friday

From last Friday (packing & leaving for the Cabin) to this Friday (the start of our Yard Sale, it has been one week of frenzied fun & craziness all smushed in between. I have so much to share, both in pictures & words...and am very excited about my upcoming posts...but until I get a chance to breathe after our Yard Sale ends tomorrow and I catch up on the basics of life (laundry, eating, sleeping)...I just wanted to share one neat thing that has happened in the midst of all this wonderfulness called "life"...

I got my very first Etsy order today (yay!) which I discovered just after closing down our very successful, busy first day of the Yard Sale. I rushed around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what I was doing, rushing to the Post Office to get there before they closed, but first rushing into Target to get packaging tape...and then finally entering in to the craziness that is Cub on a late Friday afternoon because our fridge is almost emptied of all the basics and we were so hungry for dinner...and all this after going on very little sleep lately, too...sleeping 3 out of the past 7 nights in different beds in 2 different places...driving roughly 540 miles in the past 7 days...first heading West then East, the next time heading South then back North to home...so needless to say life has been a bit nuts lately...but in a very good sort of nutty way...and I said to Hub tonight as we were finally preparing dinner, "I wonder if this is how life always feels for people that have children?"...and he said "I was wondering the exact same thing today"...we both feel worn out...like we've been running in different directions...and we're ready for life to slow down a bit now, back to the pace we are used to. We don't like to live crazy busy hurried lives. And for some reason I just found it odd how we both had the same thought that maybe this is how it always feels for people with kids and that you just maybe get used to the pace? Or maybe we're totally off base here. Either way, we're ready for a break! More soon! ~xo

P.S. Here's a little peak at my "very first Etsy package"...getting it ready to be sent out to its recipient. So, so fun!!! :)
P.P.S...Here's the craziest-looking caterpillar I've ever seen. Hub discovered it crawling along a box at our Yard Sale. Have you ever seen anything like this???

No comments: