

Oh yes…This was the message beeping at me on my little silver camera’s screen. I brought it with last night when Hub and I went down to look at the “Tall Ships” among all the millions of tourists…or rather, to go to the “Maritime Festival” to see 3 replicas of vintage Great Lakes shipping schooners. We had finally picked up from our Yard Sale and we were ready to get out a bit and walk by the lake. While we were driving down there I turned on my camera, which has been like my right arm since we bought it last November. (We have a much bigger camera that takes really good close-ups, but this camera is great because of how tiny it is and it takes pretty good pics too.) So I was quite disappointed and no amount of turning it on and off made it tell me anything different. Since I was unable to take any pics of the ships, here are some from the local newspaper. According to them, this event may be Duluth’s largest-ever tourist draw, ahead of even Grandma’s Marathon, in recent history.
When we got home last night, Hub did some googling to find many others online who had received this same error message. It sounded like sending it back for repairs was deemed worthless and expensive, and the common resounding message across the board was to give the camera a good smack on its bottom. Seriously. So, I was a little hesitant about this, but as we kept reading all over the place online that giving the camera a good swift hit was really the only hope of getting it to function again, I started gently tapping the bottom and continued to do it a little more forcefully until I realized that indeed it was working. In my excitement, and Hub’s too, I then dropped the camera on the floor, but it was still working!!!
When we got home last night, Hub did some googling to find many others online who had received this same error message. It sounded like sending it back for repairs was deemed worthless and expensive, and the common resounding message across the board was to give the camera a good smack on its bottom. Seriously. So, I was a little hesitant about this, but as we kept reading all over the place online that giving the camera a good swift hit was really the only hope of getting it to function again, I started gently tapping the bottom and continued to do it a little more forcefully until I realized that indeed it was working. In my excitement, and Hub’s too, I then dropped the camera on the floor, but it was still working!!!
Up until this very night, I have taken such great care of this camera...never hitting it, never dropping it. I even knit it the softest little cabled pouch (below) with velvety lining to rest in. But now it has been hit and dropped and works again. Go figure.
I can’t see this being good for these technological items in the long run, all this hitting and smacking, but in the short run, it is getting things going again. Strange, huh?
(photos courtesy of DuluthNewsTribune.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment