Monday, August 25, 2008

Remembering a Special Day

On the heels of a very bad weekend, comes a new day…a day to celebrate. It is amazing how one, seemingly small incident can cast such a pall over an entire weekend. I’m glad it’s a new week. A fresh start. I would like to say Happy Anniversary to my hubby today. Six happy, joyful years. There is nothing more satisfying than marrying your best friend. Our wedding day went by in such a blur. I wanted to grab the hands of the clock and slow the day down. So I could fully and thoroughly enjoy every little detail of the day. Every guest who attended. My handsome husband in his sleek tux. His guitar solo serenade. My beautiful bridesmaids. My sweet flower princess gently scattering rose petals. The funny stories told and the songs sung. The delicious food. The lovely cake. The laughter. The hugs & kisses. But it was the fastest day of my life. Yet it was the event that took place that was most important. And on this day I remember that it was this event, our marriage, that truly counts. Not all the other little details that took hours upon hours of planning and preparation.

Our wedding colors were a pale spring green and lavender, which I tried to render in my little PhotoShop frame color scheme. This photo was taken by a wedding guest at the reception on one of those formerly popular little Polaroid instant cameras (they had some catchy name which I can’t recall right now). Even though this photo is tiny and grainy and only about an inch tall, I’ve always liked it. Better than the professional photographer’s photo of our first kiss.

Happy Anniversary, my dear hub!

~xoxo~

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy 6 years of wedded bliss. It was a wonderful day and we were blessed to share it with you. Hope you had a nice evening and hope you have a better week!