Wednesday, September 29, 2010

thrifty entertaining...

Well no...this post isn't about entertaining on the cheap, but moreso about utilizing a few of my recent "thrifted" finds for a dinner last Saturday night:
{photo 1} Nothing vintage, just the oregano I had on my table for a little garden greenery...
{photo 2} Adorable owl napkin rings...I love love love these for a woodland/nature themed dinner.
{photo 3} A really great old cheese board with thick glass cloche...we served a "blue cheese, toasted walnuts, and honey" appetizer...you can't go wrong with that combo. Also seen, the corner of my favorite new (old) thrifted plates that I got in the summertime adorned with strawberries, butterflies, and ladybugs upon them...they are so sweet that I use them almost constantly, regardless of the occasion...
because everyday should be a little bit special, right?

3 comments:

Euphoria said...

I love those plates, they look nice with pies, tomatoes...
I am trying to paint that kind of strawberries, but I just can´t get them right.

MUM said...

I'm hungry for that appetizer right now! It looks so appealing!

Dionne said...

These are lovely. Can I come over for dinner? ;)