Friday, September 24, 2010

in the studio {paper flowers}

I needed (or rather wanted) a gold flower for a bird order and decided to try making one out of paper, of course. A few handcut layers and flower stamens later, and I was pretty happy about how it turned out. I think I'll make more in some other color combos, just for fun! Isn't paper amazing? The possibities are endless.

.....

P.S. Is it Friday already??? I'm getting ready for a busy weekend ahead with friends over for dinner Saturday and the lovely in-laws up visiting on Sunday! Hoping for nicer weather too!


Happy Weekend to You!

4 comments:

Dana said...

It turned out great!!! Yes ... paper is amazing ... Foofie has recently been making paper purses and wallets ... and paper trays, plates, and cookies :)

MUM said...

Sweet flower! Very clever!

Dionne said...

How dainty and whimsical. I love it. The color, the layers, the little buds in the middle. So cute!

Detailing Life said...

That is beautiful, I've tried to make paper flowers, but they never come out any good. Perhaps the simplest ones are the best?