Today in the studio, I've been working on a couple new cake toppers...like this sweet deer couple above. I loved this seafoam/peppermint colored pair of deer I made previously so much that I just had to create another pair. But now the fun/perplexing part is deliberating on color schemes...
I often spend a very long time, looking through my stash of things, drawing inspiration for colors that will complement my deer couple from the pretty papers I have, the season, and all the other fun little doodads (like flowers, mushrooms, ribbons, leaves) that I will incorporate on the cake topper. I lay stuff out (like above) and just see what is really exciting me.
So, once I finish that deer topper, I'll share it with you soon and you can see what I ended up deciding on! But I did finish a little pair of Autumnal Owls in a violet purple color. I was inspired by many of the things in my garden, the foliage, turning from green to hazy shades of purple. Never done purple owls before but thought I'd stretch my boundaries!
They are now in the shop, right here!
......
Happy Wednesday!
Go MN Twins!
I often spend a very long time, looking through my stash of things, drawing inspiration for colors that will complement my deer couple from the pretty papers I have, the season, and all the other fun little doodads (like flowers, mushrooms, ribbons, leaves) that I will incorporate on the cake topper. I lay stuff out (like above) and just see what is really exciting me.
So, once I finish that deer topper, I'll share it with you soon and you can see what I ended up deciding on! But I did finish a little pair of Autumnal Owls in a violet purple color. I was inspired by many of the things in my garden, the foliage, turning from green to hazy shades of purple. Never done purple owls before but thought I'd stretch my boundaries!They are now in the shop, right here!
......
Happy Wednesday!
Go MN Twins!
3 comments:
These animals are so lovely!!! And your garden is such a beautiful and inspiring place!!!
So cute! I just wonder what you will choose to complete your little deers! So happy to see another pair of owls! They are adorable! And, YES, go Twins!!!!
oh wow!
You create the most amazing cute things! I think I'm in ♥
♥
Pearl
Post a Comment