
{mara mi}

{mara mi}
{mara mi}
{fuzzy yellow caterpillar}
.....
Last weekend was a serious whirlwind...and I think I'm still recovering just a bit. A fun whirlwind just the same. Hub and I went down to the Cities for the weekend...and on Saturday morning, I woke up bright & early at 5 AM to participate in a Triathlon...I should qualify that and say it was a relay Triathlon...so I just had to run a little over 5 miles (no swimming or biking for me ~thank goodness!). I always love the race atmosphere where there seems to be so much energy and excitement in the air. Plus it was fun to do a team event with my lovely sister-in-law who provided me with heaps of encouragement and tips all summer long as we were getting ready for this race (she is an experienced Triathlete and this was my first one!)
After I recovered a bit from the race, then I got another much-needed knitting lesson from my aunt (I'm still working on learning how to knit these socks!) and was surprised to see my sweet cousin there too who I hadn't seen in ages. I think I got the hang of it now and may just have A finished sock by this Fall...only a year later!
Then, Mum and I bopped down to Stillwater to squeeze in a little shopping and we came upon a hip new shop called Mara Mi that combines paper goods, ribbon, etc with a cafe full of cupcakes, croissants, smoothies, etc... Really, what could be better than that? (Meanwhile, Hub was off golfing in the heat with his brothers.) We met up for dinner again at Mum & Dad's and of course it was fabulous as usual. Even my Grandma was there...a real treat to see her.
Sunday was church with Hub's family, followed by brunch at Tria, and then I took a jaunt across town with my sister-in-law & mother-in-law to Anthropologie. Coming back to my parents' afterward, my sister and her whole family were all over too so I was able to visit with them briefly before we headed back for home! Whew! I can't believe how much we were able to pack into one short weekend but it doesn't get much better than that!
.....
P.S. I just love a table full of pretty ribbons and trims! Wish I had a craft room big enough to have all my ribbon sprawled out like that (not that I personally have that much ribbon)!
3 comments:
Nice pictures! Your weekend sounds very busy.
Congratulations!!!
I love the tria and tetra atmosphere too, I only participated in two races, but I jog every week and I wish I can participate in some other race. I even posted something related to this in Etcétera, my other blog, but it is in spanish :(
ohhh I love your caterpillar, so adorable:)
oh, and do you live in philly? I couldn't help but wonder when you mentioned Tria and walking over the anthropologie! I used to live in philly, but am back in Souther Jersey myself!
hello lavienouveau! No, I don't live in Philly. That was a Tria & an Anthro in the Twin Cities (MN).
Thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Post a Comment