Thursday, August 5, 2010

in the studio {inspiration, sparklers, & a smoothie}

Today I was inspired while working on a special cake topper order...and by the crisp, breezy day. After a bit of a hiatus from my desk this summer, I spent some serious time today working on new things...getting that excited, inspired feeling again. Perhaps it was the crispness to the air, after several days of heat & humidity, that hinted every so slightly at Fall. Sure I've dabbled here & there on different little things this summer, but only occassionally and never for very long periods of time. But inspiration was flowing today and it was one of those things where there just weren't enough hours in the day. It felt so good, so right. I even forgot that I needed to pick Hub up from work. Oops...
I made myself a triple berry pomegranate smoothie & grabbed some chocolate covered almonds (my new craving!) for lunch and continued working. Hopefully I'll have some new, completed things to share soon! I guess you could say I was "feeling aflutter" today with ideas, creativity, inspiration...just as the rippy on my inspiration board says (in the last photo...a snippet of my inspiration board).
.....
P.S. Another source of inspiration came from the sweet little white & sparkly gold sparkler things that my Mum just got for me. I'm not sure what to call them exactly (see pictures above), but I can see them working very sweetly in some new creations.
~more soon! ~

1 comment:

Euphoria said...

Inspiration can surprise us coming from a lot of different things!!!
Love your pictures! I wish I could have a desk JUST FOR MYSELF!!!!!!!!