For dinner the other night, I wasn't sure what to make. And then I remembered the bush of basil we have growing along the side of our house. So I walked outside with the plastic insert bowl of my salad spinner thing and clipped a bunch of basil and picked all the ripe cherry tomatoes. I love being able to walk outside my door and pluck fresh ingredients to throw together a quick, fresh dinner. No need to run to the grocery store. I made a basil pesto pasta dish with the tomatoes sauteed in some garlic, and topped with generous shavings of parmesan cheese. It was simple yes, but also so delicious. So delicious in fact that I forgot to take a picture of the finished dish. Oh how I wish this moment, this late summer season where the days are still warm and sun-filled, the nights are cool with the windows open, the knitting projects are just beginning, and a cup of hot tea is comforting each night that is a bit cooler...I wish this season would last for a long, long time.
.....
P.S. Here's the basil recipe I use, previously posted.
1 comment:
Basil and tomatoes are one of my absolute favorite combinations.
Post a Comment