Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trimming the Pork: An Election Day Dinner

Early this morning, getting started on our day, I mentioned to Hub I was thinking I’d make my “Pork Chops with Stuffing” recipe (a favorite family recipe my Grandma concocted, I think…) for dinner tonight. Now why I was thinking about dinner before I’d even had breakfast today I’m not sure. And I don’t typically run these things by Hub. He’s usually surprised to come home from work and smell whatever scents may be wafting from the kitchen. So it was a little unusual for me to even be talking about this. I also told him that perhaps I’d make some popovers and salads too. Then Hub, barely missing a beat, and surprising me with his early morning wit said “So we’ll be having an election day dinner then…trimming the pork pork chops, full of hot air [politician] popovers, and bipartisan salads.” Sure Hub. Sounds good.

It’s a beautiful day here and we’re planning on riding our bikes to our nearby voting place later this afternoon. Although this is an important election, no matter the outcome, it brings me peace to know that ultimately my hope and faith does not rest in who holds the powerful position of President of the United States, but rather with the all-powerful One who created me. Happy Voting!

Disclaimer: This picture was taken last year when I made this dinner for Hub’s birthday. And really it's not pork in this photo…it's chicken, for me. Of course, right? But the recipe works great on both.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Great post! Amen and amen. Can we join you for dinner? It looks delicious!

LBB said...

Awww, we'd love to have you for dinner! It was great seeing you all this past weekend! :)

AshleyL. said...

beautifully said. its great to know that we are protected by an even greater leader than mr. obama or mr. mccain. PRAISE THE LORD! :)

loving your blog by the way! :)