The past few days have been very eventful, crazy busy in a good crazy way. While I won’t post every little detail (although I would if I could and it wouldn’t bore you to tears, because I do like to document things properly)…I do feel compelled to highlight some things that have happened because they’ve also been rather special and craft-filled, eventful days…the kind of days I so enjoy! .....
First, it must be noted (why, I'm not sure exactly) that last Wednesday I met the mayor of Duluth...at a favorite little restaurant of ours after a work dinner/function thing we went to earlier in the evening for Hub where the food turned out to be not so great and we (okay, mostly I) was still hungry afterwards...hence why we went to a restaurant after...so back to the mayor-story...I told hub…"well, I just have to go say hello and meet the mayor because he’s right there…he’s standing like 3 feet from us listening to Charlie Parr play guitar and sing and it would just be wrong for me not to!"….So I went up to the mayor (who is relatively the same age as us, I think?) as we were leaving, tapped him twice on the arm and said "Hello Mr. Mayor!"...I wasn’t sure what the proper way was to address him and at the time that seemed appropriate to me…and he was very friendly nonetheless.
.....
On Thursday, my mum and our very dear friend came for a lovely overnight visit. Our friend bridges the age gap between my mum and I and links the 3 of us together in a very sweet, “mother-daughter-friend” friendship. The 3 of us always have the best time together, laughing almost non-stop, drinking heaps of coffee, and crafting together until late in the night. Usually they'll bring stuff to work on or sometimes I'll get crazy ideas for what things we can make together. My crazy ideas this time were to either do some things with wool felt (that I had seen recently in the November issue of Martha Stewart Living...so not really my idea I guess) and my other idea was to make little forest/wintry scenes under glass domes or bell jars. Since little bell jars were hard for me to find, and I have oodles of uniquely-shaped glass votives on hand (for making my paper mache votives) we used those instead. I was busy running around grabbing things and playing hostess so all I accomplished was this little felt tree-stump coaster. I wasn't too fond of it at first and I thought it was too much work for one coaster, but it has since grown on me and I have it on my nightstand now. Of course I couldn't find the exact same wool felt colors that Martha used to make her trivet/coasters but I made do with the colors I had.
Mum and my friend both made lovely little winter scenes...mum's was "woodland, vintage-y looking" and my friend's was more "glitter, glamour, arctic-like" utilizing some clear sea glass she had picked up earlier in the day when I brought them to my secret little spot for finding it. I thought both turned out so sweet in their own way! Wouldn't you agree? 
My kitchen table always turns out to be a piece of work in and of itself and I can never resist taking a photo of the creative chaos in progress. Cluttered tables full of glitter, glue, paper, evidence of creativity in action, always make me happy!
We stopped crafting just long enough to dive into this delicious fruit tart I was busy making very last minute while they got started on their projects.Finally, yesterday Hub and I took a little roadtrip-like jaunt (almost 90 miles due west...see 1st photo) over to visit my sister, her hubby, and their 3 little ones living at her in-law's cabin* while my brother-in-law is doing some renovation to it. We had a nice time together eating good food, reading stories to the little ones, playing games, and getting sticker-fied by the youngest one of all, 3 and 1/2 year old "Foofie". I get a kick out of little ones walking around putting stickers on you...it makes me wonder what they are thinking...why do they do this...and how funny it would be if adults did things like this! It's cute and so, so sweet!
1 comment:
Great photos of our projects and the oh so wonderful fruit tart! What a fun time we had!
Post a Comment