
Inspired by my small collection of “made in Japan” stamped vintage-aged tiny paper mache houses, painted in wintry pastel colors (of course there are brightly colored houses too, but I search out those in colors of a softer palette) with glittery, flocked roofs, I was inspired to make these Woodland Sparkle Ornaments: tiny paper mache mushrooms in the palest of colors, reminiscent of an early winter sunrise across a wide open field of sparkling snow. The sparkly topping is real silver glass glitter from Germany, which over time will tarnish and age into a beautiful vintage look. I considered using some pretty ribbon or twine to hang them by but decided a simple, hand-twisted wire hanger was best, thereby giving all attention due to the sparkly little ornament itself.I may have to do another post sometime on my little houses once I dig them all out for the Christmas season, which thankfully is still several weeks away. They delight me so much and I hope that delight carries over into these paper mache ornaments as well, to be enjoyed for many years to come, growing sweeter with age at each Christmas season. In the next week, I plan to list some in the shop, in sets of 3, boxed ever so sweetly and bound with twine to keep them cozy safe and to store them in year after year.
3 comments:
Those are the sweetest, most adorable ornaments ever! I love the pastel colors! They will look so cute on the tree!
thanks mum! :)
very cute :)
Post a Comment