I always like to try to keep warm, since I’m usually chilly. I whole-heartedly ascribe to the saying “cold hands, warm heart.” I think (hope) that describes me. I have a few methods for keeping cozy. Recently I mentioned my whole hat-leaving-on-obsession after coming in from the cold. Now my latest method I find myself doing is this:1. Grab warm, fuzzy, oddly-knit scarf and sling over my neck.
3. Button up sweater to contain big, oddly-shaped scarf.
4. Enjoy the warmth around my neck and mid-section!
I know it’s a far cry from a fashion statement, but when warmth matters (and you're not leaving the house)…this works. Although the past couple days here have been slightly unseasonably warm, the date on the calendar keeps telling me that I need to keep cozy warm…so I do. What’s your method for keeping cozy?
I’ve knit a few other scarves since that first funny one and I’m currently working on another one (see top photo) that has a pretty, very textural pattern called “double moss stitch” created merely with a combination of knit & purl stitches. This pattern and so many other neat ones can be found in a book called Knit & Purl: 250 stitches to knit...a book I received for Christmas last year and absolutely love!
P.S. If you're a novice knitter like me, here's a good little site that has basic knitting instructions (and helpful illustrations) that I've found very useful...especially this page that describes some special knitting stitches.
1 comment:
You do INDEED have a warm heart! The pinkish scarf you are knitting is so pretty!
Post a Comment