I also finished my felt coasters on Thanksgiving (as mentioned in my last post)…just in the nick of time…since I needed to borrow my Mum’s pinking shears to add the finishing touch. I had to bring the coasters to our next Thanksgiving destination with Hub’s family as part of a birthday gift for his Grandma. This felt coaster idea was courtesy of Ms. Martha herself, in her special Holiday 06 magazine. It seems that pinking shears are a must for a crafter, if Martha’s projects often calling for them are any indication. I’ve already put a bug in Hub’s ear for some for Christmas. ;)
Finally, Hub hung up our Christmas lights yesterday amidst a light snowfall. Some colored ones around the deck and white lights along the front of our home. You can see just a tiny peak of the front ones through the windows behind the glow of this neat candle he made...a birch log chunk he cut and drilled a big hole in to fit a tea light candle in. He then sanded and varnished the top of the log and I added a chunk of cream-colored felt to the bottom to protect whatever we set it upon. Like the dining table, where its resting now.
So much to be thankful for! Hope your holiday weekend was a peaceful, happy one!
3 comments:
I love Thanksgiving Day! Thanks for reminding me (I already need reminding????)of what a wonderful day it was. Just eating and visiting with family and eating and walking and talking and eating some more. Beautiful photos! I especially like the candle one.
Any chance you might be selling that brilliant birch log votive in your shop! Bravo talented Mr. Bon Bon. :0)
It's actually 10 inches or so tall and weighs quite a bit! Maybe "Mr. BonBon" can work on some smaller versions for the shop though! You've got me thinking... :)
Post a Comment