Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our "Prized" Maple Tree

Really it is…at least that’s how I refer to it.
When we moved into our new home last year, we learned from our neighbors (who we bought the house from) how the residents on our road worked to save this tree from the City, who sought to remove it when paving the road (from its original gravel condition) just a few years ago. Other neighbors have even used it as a reference point when talking with us. And we’ve even seen the next-door neighbor thoroughly mowing circles around it last summer (although we were going to get around to mowing our lawn soon enough).
So it seems it’s kind of important to our little road. And now I feel it’s our duty to take good care of this pretty Maple tree (or at the very least document it by taking a picture of it in all it's Fall splendor), since it is on our property after all, and it is so lovely…especially at this time of the year, especially today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

A very beautiful maple tree .. not sure how I found you but it seems I bookmarked your blog awhile ago. Glad I had another look. Greetings from Nova Scotia. Susan