The long weekend consisted of quite a few “almosts”. I
almost finished reading
Hawaii. I
almost finished knitting a pretty dishcloth. And I
almost finished making a few new sculpture picks.

We did spend a good chunk of time watching the US Open too. Yesterday’s
match between Nadal and Querrey was so good. We like the #1 ranked Nadal and were rooting for him. (Remember the great Wimbledon match between him and Federer…
who, of course, is a favorite too…earlier this summer?) But we also were really enjoying this new guy (to us), U.S. player Sam Querrey (ranked 55th in the world). He held his own against Nadal and it made for a very interesting match. Anyone else see this? Nadal pulled out the win in the end but Querrey made it a very close, fun match to watch.
We also made Manicotti together (as mentioned in my last post) and it was so yum. This picture does it no justice as it tasted far better than this looks! We ate every single dinner out on the deck, just reveling in the last warm days of Summer, and spotting warblers migrating through our back woods again. I guess that means Fall is definitely on its way.

It is SO dark here right now. Lunchtime really but it looks as dark as night as the rain is pouring down and lightning & thunder threatens to pull the plug on our power. We always seem to lose power here. The slightest breeze, the smallest rain shower. Poof! Our power inevitably goes out. Usually its just very temporary though.
Happy September!
3 comments:
We watched some tennis when we were at the cabin (even the kids like it) ... don't have all those channels back at home though. Last year, we were fortunate to be in N.Carolina ~ so we got to see some of the U.S. Open there) I like Nadal too ... he seems really humble. Hopefully we can catch the finals though ~ I think they have the finals on basic TV.
oops, I missed a ( and a .
Yep, they do have the finals on regular TV...that's what we're waiting for too! :)
Post a Comment