It’s officially that time of year when some of the neatest mushrooms start popping up. I realized this while driving home from the grocery store today, talking to Hub on my cell about a car issue I was having when mid-sentence I shouted “OH MY GOODNESS! OH MY GOODNESS!” And then I didn’t hear a sound and I thought he hung up on me…but he was still there, patiently waiting for me to explain my sudden outburst of excitement. I had just passed by a yard dotted with the biggest, orangiest, puffiest mushrooms. I love those kinds of mushrooms. They’re so bright and cheery. And they look positively pulled from the pages of a children’s book full of fairies and gnomes and other iconic woodland illustrations. I looove this time of year. Happy Fall!Indulge me, if you will, in viewing (below) a few of my favorite mushroom photos taken (mostly) last Fall. (And you can be certain I’ll be posting some new ones taken in our nearby woods later this Fall.) I'm so lucky Hub understands my fascination with mushrooms. I hope you will too! :)
1 comment:
I too have a particular affinity for mushrooms, always have, these photos are fantastic!
Post a Comment