Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saturday scones

Actually, these Blueberry White Chocolate Streusel Scones were made on Friday...but I think they are best the next morning, despite what the recipe says about them best being eaten that day. Overnight, they seem to get more rich and dense or something.
The recipe I follow is from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. It's actually a recipe for Currant Scones, but I prefer to use frozen blueberries and then sweeten them up with a handful or so of some white chocolate chips. And load them with streusel on top. Streusel makes everything better! One of my favorite indulgences is a good morning scone or almond croissant, something like that, to go with a dark cup of coffee...preferably ground and brewed by my Hub.
And speaking of coffee, I'm starting to realize that I may have a little addiction to skim lattes with whipped cream on top. I just confessed this to Hub the other day. (And yeah, I know...skim with whipped cream? huh? But in my mind that's how I like them.) It's been my little splurge for myself whenever I'm out running around with the baby. In all this latte-drinking lately, I've come to the conclusion that Starbuck's makes the best latte. Caribou and Dunn Bros are so-so and of course doable when in a pinch. And I'm not above getting one from - gasp! - McDonald's! But that's mainly because they have a drive-thru which is so much more convenient than getting the little baby out of the car to go inside for a latte. So impractical, ya know? ;)

1 comment:

MUM said...

Those scones look sooooo nummy!!!!
A feast for the eyes and also the tummy!