
Before our baby was born, I don’t think I realized just how much time I’d actually spend in little Bub’s room (diapering, feeding, changing outfits, playing, rocking, trying - often in vain - to get baby to sleep), but for this reason alone I’m so very glad that we made his little room as cozy, safe, and useful as possible…because I do spend a whole lot of time in here! So now that its pretty much finished, would you like to take a little "peek"-a-boo around?

The closet door:
"Welcome baby" sign handmade by Mum for a baby shower
Hand knitted sweater from BlaBla

The rocking chair/dresser corner:
Green rocking chair: There are so many really lovely, modern rockers and gliders out there, but when it came right down to it, comfort was the most important factor so we went with a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner and I’m so happy we did. It is big and soft and comfy and for all the hours spent sitting in it, it’s completely worth it…despite its lack of style perhaps!
Brown ottoman next to rocker (being used as a side table right now) from Target. The lid comes off and I think it will be another nice place to stash his toys as he gets older. For now it is mainly my place to store books & magazines I’m reading while nursing, books we read to him, Kleenex, and other baby odds and ends.
Handmade quilt on rocker, previously mentioned here.
Dresser: my old dresser from when I was a baby...I love this pretty dresser oh so much!

On top of dresser:
White lamp: I really love Ikea most for their lighting department. We’ve purchased so many great lamps and light fixtures from there. I knew I wanted a lamp for the nursery with a dimmer switch and I happened to find the perfect one at Ikea. It is white, modern, and perhaps wouldn’t normally be used in a nursery, but I didn’t necessarily want his room to be totally cutesy/babyish and this lamp made it a bit more…sophisticated? And a lamp that dims is so nice to have for all those middle-of-the-night diaper changes and feedings when you don’t want to bask the room in brightness and yet a nightlight just isn’t enough.
Vintage deer vase, a gift from a friend.
Framed vintage owl postcard, previously mentioned here.

Crib corner:
Crib from Pottery Barn Kids
Crib bedding by Dwell Studio for Target
Artwork "Owls in Oak" from Etsy shop, United Thread
Mod walnut frame from Room & Board
Hand knitted bird mobile, previously mentioned here.
Blue bird night light, previously mentioned here.

Crib corner:
Crib from Pottery Barn Kids
Crib bedding by Dwell Studio for Target
Artwork "Owls in Oak" from Etsy shop, United Thread
Mod walnut frame from Room & Board
Hand knitted bird mobile, previously mentioned here.
Blue bird night light, previously mentioned here.
A well-stocked, roomy changing table is an absolute must. I quickly learned that a place to have wipes and other essentials right at hand is a necessity with a wiggly little baby. Plus, the big shelves on this one double as a place to keep books and toys.
Pendant light above changing table from Ikea
Fabric storage bins from Ikea
On top of table, hand knitted "wink the owl" toy, from BlaBla

Pictures above changing table...previously mentioned here.

Blankets - piles of blankets - are essential! We got several as shower gifts and we use them all, for everything! I especially liked the aden + anais blankets for swaddling early on. Since little Bub was born in early summer, it was pretty hot and these kept him snug and warm but not overly hot.
Also, the little teddy bear rattle from Angel Dear in the corner is one of bub's favorite things. He got a ducky one for a gift that he loves so much and is often in the wash so I bought him a couple more to put into his daily rotation. It is soft and machine-washable (which is important to me!) and easy for him to grab onto. Plus, he loves to chew on the faces (especially ducky's beak) and often takes it with him wherever he is scooting about the house.
So there you have it! A little tour of a place where I've been spending many hours these past several months and some sources on many of the baby things we've found that work for us. Hope you enjoyed it!
Now, guess where I'm off to again? Why the nursery of course! ;)
Now, guess where I'm off to again? Why the nursery of course! ;)


1 comment:
You have feathered your baby chick's nest beautifully and sweetly!
Post a Comment