Wednesday, January 11, 2012

an unlikely match...

However unlikely it may be for a bear and a fox to really hang out together in the forest, they are finding common ground (and getting along quite nicely if I do say so myself!) on my latest wedding cake topper. It was a custom order and a bear (my first bear really!) was requested to sit alongside a bushy-tailed fox. Its always fun to try something new! And that's where those ferns ended up residing as well.

Today feels like a real January day...snowy and windy, dark and dreary...I can hear the howling, blustering wind against the house and see it swirling up drifts of snow on my neighbor's roof. And after a string of many un-January-ish days, it feels alright to me. Little baby is tucked in for a nap and I'm happily working on some new orders. All is well in this calm month.

2 comments:

Dana said...

So cute ... as always!

MUM said...

I DID comment, but maybe it didn't work,...so here goes, again,...I love it! I think you did a great job on the bear and I love the bright colors. Your ferns and flowers and mushrooms are wonderful accompaniments to the sweet bear and fox!