Friday, April 29, 2011

a little bday recap...

Oh my, where did the week go? I can't believe it is Friday already. This week has been a bit of whirlwind beginning with the weekend prior spent in the Cities for a baby shower and a gorgeous Easter day with my family...then Hub was briefly in Boston, later Mum came up for a quick visit, and oh yes...it was my birthday too. This week also brought snow, rain, wind, and finally today...sunshine! Phew! I'm ready for a quiet, Spring-like weekend at home with my hub now!
I spent my birthday with Mum, enjoying a great lunch out and lots of shopping together. Above was a birthday dessert they surprised me with at the Norwegian cafe we ate at...complete with singing me a sweet Norwegian song. In the evening, Hub took me out to our favorite Thai place for dinner. The great thing about birthdays AND being pregnant at the same time? He let me get 2 appetizers!!! ;)I also bought myself a few little birthday presents while out...a pretty floral vintage oil painting (snippet of it above) that I've had my eye on for quite some time...and a cute vintage doe & fawn planter (first photo) that I just couldn't resist. How sweet would that be coralling some things in the baby's room on a shelf or perhaps planted with a sweet, dainty Baby Tears plant?


Happy Weekend! ~L

4 comments:

MUM said...

What fun I had spending your special day with you! Lunch out and shopping,...it's what we do! And we do it well!!!!

Dionne said...

What a lovely birthday! That cupcake looks soooo delish!

ANd that oil painting is gorgeous! So beautiful and springy!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is precious. I must follow it :) Would you take a look at my blog as well and if you like it, click the "follow" button? www.femchiclove.com. I am having a give away this month of an original piece of art by me :)

Rashaan Cruze
info@rashaancruze.com

Unknown said...

Such a pretty pretty blog! I'm soooo glad I found you (via Dionne..thank you!).
Hugs from your newest follower from Rome.
Laura@RicevereconStile