Monday, May 9, 2011

Saturday Morning Cinnamon Rolls

I woke up especially early on Saturday morning, at the crack of dawn really, and couldn't fall back to sleep. I'd been under the weather all week long and not sleeping well. So since I was up soo early, I decided to do something that I usually wouldn't have time for and surprise Hub as well...I made Cinnamon Rolls from scratch for the first time ever. {unbaked cinnamon rolls}

And Hub was quite pleasantly surprised. Not long after I had put them in the oven, he awoke and called downstairs to the kitchen wondering what smelled so good? And that he thought he could smell cinnamon? He's got a good sniffer. I said I wouldn't tell him until he came down and looked in the oven...to see the look of delight on his face made me so happy!
{cinnamon rolls, just out of the oven}

And thankfully they turned out just as good as they smelled! They were pretty easy and quick to make too. I used an America's Test Kitchen recipe from one of their magazines we have...but unfortunately I can't access it online without registering at their site. That's just how they operate, I guess. If you're interested, you can do that or send me an email and I'd be happy to share it with you as well.
The only change I made to their recipe was using a basic powdered sugar frosting (mixed w/ milk & added a dash of vanilla) in place of their buttermilk cream cheese frosting...which I'm sure would be great, I just didn't have any cream cheese.Consume with some fruit & coffee and your weekend will be off to a happy start, as was mine! Plus, your whole house will smell yummy for awhile too! :)

2 comments:

l. c said...

oh gosh, these look so good!

Dionne said...

Oh these are soooo yummy-looking. What a perfect little treat!!!