
I thought I had hung up my knitting needles for awhile, especially after knitting several pairs of booties/socks and making a knitted mobile
(photos still to come, once it's finally hung!). I thought I was good on knitting for quite awhile...

But then the other day the urge to knit something totally different, natural,
really special for the baby hit me big time.

So I knew this called for a trip to our little local yarn shop...where yesterday, I spent a good chunk of time perusing knitting books, feeling all the pretty yarns, and asking oodles of questions. I wanted to do things "by the book" for once, literally.

Once I found just the kind of knitting book I'd had in mind...something not too complex, with simple & lovely designs, many patterns of which I'd like to try (not just 1 or 2 as in some books), and not to mention just plain gorgeous photos to look at...then I began to search for some very nice natural yarns that the book called for.

This is where the lady working there came in so handy again, helping me to find the right weight & types of yarn for the projects. (She also happened to be knitting a pair of socks ~2 socks!!!~at the same time on a circular needle...I was
impressed! and felt awful for having to keep interrupting her because I know how it is when I knit...but of course she was kind and said that she only works on projects at work that are simple for her where she can easily be interrupted...doubly
impressed then!)

Usually I don't pay any attention to gauges or specific kinds of yarns a project may call for...I just wing it, using what I like or happen to have on hand, and see what happens!
So this time I feel a little more "grown-up" in my knitting. Which is kind of exciting... I'm starting to work on this classic cardigan (above) for baby, using this delicious, cream colored, pima cotton/silk yarn that feels so nice to work with. Wish me luck!
P.S. This reminds me... I've received some lovely handmade knitted and crocheted baby gifts...I'll have to put them all together in a post soon!
3 comments:
The book looks lovely! I don't think that I need to wish you luck as I have seen what you can do with a pair of knitting needles! You have made some really cute, neat things already! But, it will be fun to see your newest project for little baby!
How cute, what a gorgeous book. I wish I was better at knitting!
Everything looks so lovely!
Post a Comment