
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'd been working on a knitted bird mobile. We finally hung it up last week when we were putting the finishing touches on the baby's room. It is so exciting and fun to put together a completely new room, for someone you have yet to meet! Very crazy...

But back to the mobile...I'm perhaps not totally done or satisfied with it...but for now I am. I just used whatever yarns I had on hand and couldn't make it distinctly boy or girlish so it just is what it is for now! Sometimes things turn out better than others...

I got the idea for this mobile when last year (before Christmas I think) I came across
this adorable pattern for knitted birdy ornaments. Instead of ornaments I thought they'd be cute to make a bunch for a mobile! I wrapped two wooden dowels with yarn (like branches) and added my own made-up pattern for knitted leaves at the end of each. The hardest part? Figuring out how to get everything just so in order for it to hang properly. That's why I'm not touching it for awhile! But if we have a girl, I can imagine adding some ribbons/flowers around the birdy necks, maybe changing out some of the birds to be more girl or boy-oriented, softer colors...hmm?...we'll see!
2 comments:
I LOVE it just the way it is! Adorable!
fun :)
Post a Comment