Today on the table, a pot of my favorite springtime flower: the Grape Hyacinth! Such a pretty blue color, ends tinged with white, and the sweetest subtle scent. Just yesterday, I noticed the grape hyacinths in my garden in the woods popping up, their little blue tops just beginning to poke through the surface. But these ones above must be a different type/species from the ones I planted a couple years ago as the flowers are more spread out, less clustered. They'll be a good addition to my garden for next year. Spring is good! Tuesday, April 12, 2011
grape hyacinth
Today on the table, a pot of my favorite springtime flower: the Grape Hyacinth! Such a pretty blue color, ends tinged with white, and the sweetest subtle scent. Just yesterday, I noticed the grape hyacinths in my garden in the woods popping up, their little blue tops just beginning to poke through the surface. But these ones above must be a different type/species from the ones I planted a couple years ago as the flowers are more spread out, less clustered. They'll be a good addition to my garden for next year. Spring is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love those flowers, I always paint them!
Post a Comment