Monday, May 24, 2010

weekend journal {planting & eating!}

{looking out from inside our local nursery}
{hub...a man among flowers...I love him even more when pushing a shopping cart in the nursery!}
{tiny pots of pretty at the nursery} {some gardening goods, ready to plant}
{Verbena + very dirty gloves}
{pots of lettuce and basil}
{more Verbena...I LOVE Verbena & buy it every year...this is my favorite color, pale peachy-pinkish with a white center}
{Dwarf Goat's Beard...the new Perennial I treated myself to for "my garden in the woods"}
{ my entree}
{hub's entree - look familiar?}
.....
Hub & I began the weekend with a trip the local nursery and ended the weekend with a delicious dinner out on Sunday night...with a whole lot of planting/gardening, going to the driving range, hiking near Enger Tower, and bird-watching (the Hummingbirds arrived on Friday and a pair of Robins built a nest underneath our deck) in between.

I love going to the nursery and browsing at all the plant possibilities, color everywhere, and rows upon rows of pretty flowers all mashed together. My senses are overloaded! Now that I really have my own yard and garden, I'm finding its one of the things I most look forward to each Spring. We bought my standard Impatiens & Snapdragons (which both always remind me of my Grandma J - she always had impatiens in her window boxes and I loved snapping the plump green seed pods & she always had snapdragons in her garden too). We also bought Pansies and Verbena, more standards. A few tomato plants, oregano, parsley, and lettuce. A new clematis (Ernest M...somthing?...which also happens to be my late Grandpa J's name...) for the side of our house where we did some new landscaping last weekend. We also had basil and a green bell pepper plant purchased earlier just waiting to get in the ground. I could tell everything was much happier once planted in a more permanent home!


As mentioned, we topped off the weekend right by heading out for dinner...we were going to grill but then it was one of those days where little showers were popping up and we didn't know if we'd be able to...so we headed into Canal Park, a place we don't go to very much now that we live here, and had dinner at Lake Ave Cafe...Hub and I both ordered the Deconstructed Fish & Chips (a Lake Superior whitefish). Hub ordered it the last time we were there and I kept snitching bites of his meal. It was sooo delicious! Not often do Hub and I both order the very same thing...so when that happens, you know it's really quite good. And it was!
...
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Oh how lovely. I want to go! And I want to taste that entree, lol. Yummo!