
I’m trying hard not to hold it against Florida that well, it’s really not been a very warm place to vacation...at least the weeks that
we choose to visit. Warm is relative but when you are coming from cold Minnesota, you really would like to soak up some HOT weather on your vacation. And each year you think and hope, almost beyond reason now, that Florida
will be hot…
each year. But I think after several years of vacationing there, several vacations which always have me grabbing for the few long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, and long pants I’ve packed, more often than my swimsuit or shorts, I really
do think it's starting to sink in finally that Florida is no Hawaii. I don’t think it ever got above 65 degrees when we were there. Which coming from Minnesota feels pretty nice to some extent, but once the sun was down the nights were chilly and the only thing that helped was the warmth of our hot tub.
On the only one
really particularly cold, somewhat rainy day, we took a trip out to the
Mall at Millenia…mostly so I could get a little Anthro fix.
(Note: I did.) Going up the escalator in Neiman Marcus (for purposes of using the powder room), we were pleasantly surprised to look up and suddenly be transfixed by a countless amount of lofty, airy white butterflies, millions it seemed, dangling down upon us by thin strings. So I simply had to take photos, covertly…as I’m always wary of taking photos inside stores now. ;) It was so pretty!
Yet despite the chilly Florida weather, it was still good to get away, to enjoy a change of scenery, which I think is always a good thing!
4 comments:
Awwww... sorry it wasn't as warm as you'd hoped for!
Those butterflies are soooo lovely! Wow, there's sooo many. What a pretty sight to see!
It was fun to see your pictures!!!
I'm antsy for some HOT too ... here in Minnesota though! I just can hardly wait to sit in the sun and be HOT :)
Lovely images!!!
love the butterflies... are those the ones at Neiman Marcus? have a great week!
Post a Comment