
It was a magical sort of morning here today...the air was crisp, just 8 below...and the trees were crystallized in beauty as the sun came up. It never looks quite the same in photos though.

Yet the sunny start to the day afforded a good photo op for the new skinny scarf I
just finished knitting. I started it last year, and like a lot of things, it was put to the side for a long time...mostly because I ran out of yarn and the store ran out of this yarn too. So I finally ended up finding some online. Lately, I've been trying to finish things up...books, projects, etc...just so I can start new ones!

Little bits of re-decorating the nest have been taking place too...I pulled out this sweet tea pot and cups that had been boxed up since we moved. Hub gave it to me several Christmases ago. I think the cherry blossom design is lovely and its making me hopeful for Spring.

Of course buying pretty papers is somewhat of an addiction. These are just a few new ones that I picked up the other day...again, with Spring in mind! I can't wait until I have some time to just sit down and start creating with them.

Cooking, homemade lasagna the other night...always cooking and baking. Nothing new there.
There is something a bit relaxing about making a dish so tedious as lasagna though. A lot of repetition in the grating, chopping, layering and all. It gives one time to just ponder things...

And finally, I'm SO anxious to do some packing in this super BIG tote bag I recently bought. Soon,
soon, we'll be on our way for a much needed get-away. Sometimes a little change of scenery is all you need to get you through the long months where you patiently wait (especially in MN!) for Spring to arrive, don't you think?
More soon! ~L
5 comments:
I LOVE that scarf! So lovely. Skinny scarves are so pretty!
And that teapot is charme! I love it!
Cute, cute, cute! Cute scarf, cute tea pot and cups, cute paper,...oh, and yes,...cute tote bag! And that's some pretty good looking lasagna fixings, too!
I used those same papers to decorate bird houses for my friend's baby shower. Love them!
Love the tote bag! I'm so jealous that you're going on holiday. The papers are SO GORGEOUS! Where did you get them from my I ask? and I love the way you painted the teapot too xxx
Thanks Polly!
The papers are from my local craft shop (not a national store) but the brand/designer names of these papers are (from left to right): "American Crafts" (first 3 papers), "Cosmo Cricket", and "My Mind's Eye" which are all pretty common here in the U.S. and all have websites associated with them too.
Oh, and no, I didn't paint the teapot myself. It came that way! I wish I was so talented! ;)
~Lynn
Post a Comment