Thursday, January 28, 2010

pretty details {accessorizing}

Being that it's late January (something I keep reminding myself - we're almost to Feb!) and I've been covered up in bulky layers, sweaters, scarves, hats, puffy coats, boots, and whatnot for a few months now...I'm starting to yearn for more pretty, feminine things...even though it just isn't all that practical here right now, since its oh so cold and I'm always freezing!
But I found a very pretty hair clip a couple weekends ago, when Hub and I took a little trip down to the Cities and popped into Anthro for a bit. This little clip is just the thing to pop in my hair and pretty things up a bit, and still stay warm in a cozy sweater! It reminds me too of the past when women often wore pretty accessories, hats, brooches, etc...something I've been thinking I need to start including in my own repertoire of accessorizing a little more often. Of course being the creative-type, I'm thinking of making some things for myself, like this brooch I made last fall, and some hair clips using some of the odds and ends I have laying around. I might as well use them, right?
In the meantime though, here're a few pretty hair accessories/shops I've been eyeing up on Etsy:
Of course there's so much more, this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Happy accessorizing! :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hey sis! Good to chat with you yesterday :) And yes ... I can hardly believe it's nearly time to flip the calendar to February! The good thing about time flying is that winter will soon be replaced with SPRING! ♥ Happy accessorizing ♥