Friday, January 22, 2010

fruitful Friday...

Hello there!
A fruitful week has been going on around here and I'm so happy that its Friday. Apparently we could be in for some wicked weather (ie: freezing rain) this weekend so I'm thankful we have no major plans going on and can just hunker down for a restful weekend after a long, busy week! I'm envisioning lots of tea and knitting by the fireplace. :)
So, today I finished up a few of the things that had been in the works recently which always feels so good. Would you care to see where some of those stamps got stuck?
A new votive using some of my postage stamps as seen in my last post, now in the shop: In My Head, In My Heart Papercut Votive. I like the shape of this votive, short and squatty, and I was really happy with how it turned out! (Actually, I think its just the bottom of an old apothecary jar that was missing it's lid?) And another new votive, now in the shop too: Birdcage Bliss Papercut Votive.
It was a bit hard to accurately capture this votive's sweetness in photos because the colors are so soft and pale and due to the dreadfully dreary natural light here as of late...but I really do love it, especially when silhouetted against a window or with the glow of a tea light within.
Some new cheery red tags! (Now in the shop: Heartstrings Gift Tags.) So again, more crafting with the hearts cut from old postage stamps.
I like how that bird stamp above is framed so well within the confines of a heart shape.
A little peak of some packaging today...I don't know why but I get excited about labels! I picked these fun red & white ones up from Target after Christmas and I thought they'd be great for Valentine's day or almost anything really!
And finally, on a cozy note...one of my simple pleasures is enjoying leftover homemade soup warmed up the next day in a big, oversized mug. This was lunch today along with some crackers and cheese. Yum!

Hope your week has been just as fruitful and sweet!
Happy Weekend!
~L

3 comments:

Dana said...

Clever use of stamps ♥ ♥ ♥

Enjoy your cozy weekend!

Dionne said...

I LOVE those gorgeous lamps, and I love the hearts too!

The packaging is gorgeous, the soup looks delicious...

In summary - it all looks fab!

kat veronika. said...

the bird cage lamp is stunning! the little details are just darling.