Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Saturday Sunshine {& shop news!)

Last Saturday we took a walk in the bright afternoon sun, along our favority country road. You have to catch the sun while its out here and make the most of it because before you know it, its 3 pm and you feel like its in that part of the sky where its starting to set...and once it starts to set, it goes down very quickly. And even though we've had milder temps for November, once the sun is gone, it gets very cold! Real cold. Saturday just so happened to be the last day we saw the sun. Its been a very gloomy, foggy, moist week here. And on these days when the sun doesn't appear at all, it sort of feels like the sun is in that setting stage...all...day...long... So we've been getting accustomed to walking in the dark now with a flashlight. Its sort of peaceful though. Yet we'd never walk down this country road in the dark. Too desolate and creepy, I think!
I had a bad headache all Saturday morning but for some reason I didn't take anything for it. Sometimes I'm like that. I just refuse to take something. But after we came back from our walk, my headache had amazingly vanished, like all I really needed was some sunshine & fresh air.

Well I'm starting to ramble now...but all this is to say that I'm thankful for the sunshine, whenever it will make an appearance again!
In other news, I made these delicious pecan bars to bring to one of our Thanksgiving gatherings...they are OH so good and really pretty easy to throw together...just in case you need a last-minute dessert idea! Hub LOVES these bars and asked me why I only make them when I have to bring them somewhere? I said because the 2 of us really shouldn't consume all that butter alone!

And finally, I'll be stocking up my shop soon (hopefully this coming weekend) with some NEW things that I'm pretty excited about! In the meantime, everything currently in my shop is now on SALE!

~Happy Thanksgiving!~

1 comment:

MUM said...

Those bars are the best!!!! Thanks for leaving us a couple of them to savor and enjoy!