Wednesday, November 4, 2009

in the studio {snowflakes on my desk...}

Today has been a chilly, gray day...thankfully its not snowing outside. Although a bit of pretty, papery snow has been accumulating on my desk. I've been busy in my little office, cutting and glueing away. Unintentionally, whites and grays and purples abound. Sort of like the weather and critters outside. I noticed the gray squirrel surveying our yard this afternoon, running the perimeter and pausing briefly. I imagine he's wondering when we'll fill up the bird feeders again so he can get back to his seed-thievery. We haven't filled the feeders since we got back from our SC trip...poor birds. I can't reach them and its always dark when Hub gets home from work now. And since our trip, Hub and I are attempting to turn over a new November leaf...to be healthier. I think traveling makes me feel this way. Eating strange things, getting out of a regular workout routine, etc... So last night we made Greek salads for dinner. And luckily I had some Spring Mix lettuce left to make myself one for lunch. I made a little vinaigrette right in the bottom of my bowl...sea salt mashed with a tiny garlic clove, pepper, oregano, white wine vinegar (because that's the kind we have but you could use another), and olive oil.
Mix the vinaigrette together and add in all the lovely, Greek-ish ingredients. I like red onions sliced very thin, pepitas, feta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and OH NO...I just realized I forgot to add the kalamata olives! They add the perfect punch to this salad. Hmm...I had a feeling I'd forgotten something!

.....

Something I won't forget though is to share a bit of good news... My little Owl Cake Toppers were chosen as a finalist in the Martha Stewart Wedding & Etsy DIY Contest!!! According to Etsy's Storque article, a panel of judges from Etsy Admin and Editors of Martha Stewart Weddings used secret ballots to select 1 winner and 19 finalists from more than 3200 entries. Go here to see! Eek, I was (still am) excited! Congrats to the lovely winner as well! Fun stuff! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like a great day! those cut outs are beautiful.

Dionne said...

Greek salads are heavenly. I love all the fetta. Yum!

And those snowflakes are so cute. So delicate. And congrats on the Martha finalist thing! That's AWESOME!!!

Dana said...

That's exciting!!!

LBB said...

Thanks ladies!