Saturday, May 31, 2008

Serendipity

It has been an odd, mixed up sort of week, with the Memorial Day holiday being a completely ‘soak-into-your-bones’ kind of cold, misty day (there goes the yard work!) …a sick hubby on both ends of the week (he thought he was better and then had a relapse of sorts, can you say "laundry!")…the delivery of our first gas grill! (no more charcoal for us)…and a delightfully fun time with dear visitors mid-week.
A bright moment for me was a visit to a charming shop…Serendipity. I think that’s a darling name for a shop. Situated on the east end of Duluth, Serendipity is in a big old house, full of character, and filled with a mix of both new & vintage things for the home, garden, or gifting. The exterior is painted a really lovely combo of blue & chocolaty-brown with pops of fuchsia under the roof overhang. (Unfortunately, the pic above does it no justice as it was a very overcast, drab time of day.) This also just happens to be a new place where I’m sharing some of my creations including votives and gift boxes.
My favorites things there right now include an array of vintage birdcages, some in colors of white, pink, and a very rustic, brassy gold. I had been thinking about the pink birdcage in particular since my last visit to Serendipity, and since it was still there on this visit, I decided I must purchase it so I can stop thinking about it. Now I’m struggling over just which corner of my home I should hang it from. If you are in the area, this shop is worth taking a peak at. It’s so fun to peruse the different rooms and even the little outdoor shed, and be inspired there. And such sweet gals work there too!

~~~Oh, and just a little more inspiration...Some items from the week (antique store finds & a flower book from Mum ~ just like hers and she recently found one for me! ~ circa 1950 but has much useful info) had been scattered about on the coffee table and I thought, "how lovely & inspiring"...not planned or set up but I just had to photograph...I cannot explain exactly why it was so inspiring to me, but it just really made me want to craft! :)

No comments: