Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nooks & Crannies {a few creative spaces}

Tiny dishes for containing,
Spools of ribbon upon a shelf are waiting.
Drawers full of paper, pens, and glue,
Cubbies bursting with materials both vintage and new.
A board above for pictures, notes, or inspiration,
These little spaces, a springboard for creative motivation.

...
I thought I’d share a few of my little spots filled with art supplies and crafting materials. In addition to their function and necessity, just looking at these spaces can be inspiring, especially when it is a cute old dish or little teacup, for instance, helping to keep order. After the flurry of Christmas activity, I had to take some time recently to get things organized again in my little “studio”. With a clean desk, my mind feels de-cluttered too and ready for a new year of creating.

The grids that these tiny photos above are tucked into is actually a new* cutting mat, sitting crisply and cleanly upon my desk, just waiting to be cut upon…prompting me to pick up some paper and begin cutting. It’s been far too long and the ideas really are churning…but I almost can’t bear to start cutting on its perfect surface...yet. It looks too nice just sitting upon my desk, making everything look organized with its straight lines and calm colors.

(*Thanks Hub!)

4 comments:

Livy said...

Aww I love that chair, and the desk too and the pretty dish with the baker's twine! I just got a sewing machine table today off of craiglist - I'm trying to turn my closet up at school into a crafting space. Thanks for the inspiration.

LBB said...

Thanks Livy! That sounds like fun! I just got a sewing machine and I'm still trying to figure out where to put it...(not to mention how to use it)!

JMB said...

I love this and lately I've been blogging about desk organization. With proper credit do you mind if I do a little blurp on you again with this idea and photo?

LBB said...

No, I absolutely wouldn't mind! I'd be honored! :)